The media sales planner is a professional playing a very important role in the media organizations. They find jobs in the ecommerce companies, entertainment companies and social media companies etc.
The sales planners generally work with the sales team, the account managers, and the advertisement operations team in order to ensure that all the social media campaigns are successfully launched and delivered. The professionals are responsible for campaign optimization and for the various post sales account management tasks.
Detailed Job Description of a Media Sales Planner
The major responsibilities handled by a media sales planner professional are as follows:
- Managing the clients and customer relationships.
- Developing various online media proposals.
- Creating various media strategies as per the requirement of the business processes.
- Negotiating the sales planning rates in order to increase the revenue.
- Assisting the directors in the assembling of the various marketing collaterals.
- Keeping the track record of the performances of the various campaigns.
- Managing the content development for various media platforms.
- The candidate should be a graduate in any field.
- Should be knowledgeable about the different aspects of digital media.
- Should be proficient in MS Office tools.
- Should be able to work under pressure and meet the deadlines.
- Should be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Should have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Should have good organizational skills.
- Should have creative thinking skills and analytical skills.
Job Requirements of a Media Sales Planner
The annual salary of a media sales planner ranges from $20,000 to $80,000. This salary range completely depends on the dedication and experience of the candidate. With the advancement of internet technology and the increase in the number of the advertising agencies, the job prospects of a media sales planner are quite good.