An assistant media planner plays a vital role in the development of various media campaigns. The professional mainly finds jobs in the media, communication and advertising agencies. With the increase in the number of advertising agencies, the need for the assistant media planners is also on a high. Let’s discuss in details about the assistant media planner jobs.
Assistant Media Planner Job Responsibilities
An assistant media planner performs the following job duties:
- Assists in the development of various media plans.
- Performs delivery analysis of the media plans.
- Indentifies the target audience by studying the demographic data.
- Monitors the results of the media campaigns.
- Works directly with the media vendors.
- Manages the various media administrative duties such as trafficking, maintaining flowcharts and tracking various online campaigns.
- Assists the supervisors in the development of the different media strategies.
Skills Required for an Assistant Media Planner
- Proficiency in the use of the social media sites.
- Deep knowledge of all the media and advertising concepts.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and team building skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to always maintain a positive attitude in work.
Educational Qualifications Required for an Assistant Media Planner
- The candidate must have passed high school diploma in any stream with good grades.
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in communications, media, advertising or any related subject.
- Any additional courses in media related software and short term media planner job oriented courses enhance the suitability of the candidate.
- An internship, professional training or on job experience in any media agency proves to be very helpful for the candidates.
- Course in communication and interpersonal skills are also very helpful.